By Matthew Flanagan, a real-life Cloth Diapering Dad
- Playing drums on a cloth diapered bum is so much more satisfying than tapping a beat on a bum diapered with a disposable. Seriously. A good cloth diaper has a nice bounce and great reverb. Disposables, by contrast, just make a dull crinkly noise. Also, your baby will find it hilarious. Mine does.
- In summer, a baby with a cloth diaper looks clothed. No need to fight a cranky baby to put on a onesie. Our little guy HATES getting dressed and undressed at the best of times, so, if I can find an excuse to minimize the amount of clothes I have to put on him, dagnabbit, I will!
- The prints are adorable, dammit! Foxes and bears and weird references to Alice in Wonderland and stuff. Freaking adorable.
- A cloth diaper can also do double duty (excuse the pun) as a stylish hat. Again, babies find it hilarious. Also, as per reason 3, the prints are already adorable, so you can find one to go with any outfit. I cannot stress enough, however, that you should only attempt this with a CLEAN DIAPER. Otherwise, you are asking for trouble.
- No middle-of-the-night diaper runs. Listen, I’m not saying that cloth diapers will magically make it so you can sleep through the night. If you know what will, please let me know. But they’ll at least keep you from having to remember how to put on pants at 2 a.m. to drive to the nearest all-night pharmacy. Although you do have to remember to keep on top of the laundry. Otherwise, you’re in deep doo (another pun!).
- Punny cloth diaper names like “Zee You Later” and “Back to the Fuchsia”. If you haven’t guessed by now that I love puns, you haven’t been paying attention.
- That whole “our children will inherit the world” environmental thing. You know what I’m talking about here. I don’t think I need to elaborate.
Leave a Reply