I received this item at no cost to facilitate my review. All opinions remain my own.
I love hemp. I love hemp. Hemp, hemp, hooray! Yes indeed, hemp is my number one cloth diapering fibre!
It would come as no surprise that as far as fitted diapers go, (and as I’ve said before, this particular style of diaper is not a mainstay in our stash) I think Babee Greens’ “Growing Greens” One-Size Fitted Diaper is hemptastic!
In case you think hemp is only for brownies, here’s what Babee Greens has to say about it:
Hemp is the strongest fiber known to man and is four times more absorbent and longer lasting than cotton alone. Hemp also possesses natural, antifungal, antibacterial properties; making it an effective and efficient cloth diaper fabric that naturally helps prevent diaper rash. Hemp also has no known insect predators and requires no pesticides or herbicides to grow, so it’s safe to put next to baby’s skin and easy on our earth’s environment.
Amazing properties on paper are great, but what about in practice? I definitely notice that hemp/cotton blend diapers are more absorbent and more durable than plain cotton (and even bamboo). The Growing Greens is no exception!
The Growing Greens diaper has a fold-down rise, and the diaper is designed to fit from as small as 5 lbs.
I really found it too bulky until about 10 lbs on Little Miss Cub, who’s pretty skinny minnie.
I’ve been pairing it with our Babee Greens Wool Cover, and it gets us through about 10-11 hours, at which point it is thoroughly saturated.
What I love about our Growing Greens Hemp Fitted:
- Did I mention how I feel about hemp? It is super absorbent and super ecological, both very compatible with cloth diapering.
- By 10 lbs, a great fit on Little Miss Cub, and it definitely fits on big brother Cub, too. When he was still peeing a lot at night (we are currently experiencing dry nights), I used one more booster inside the Growing Greens to get us through.
- Made in the USA.
- Included snap-in booster.
- Fast to dry, especially compared to most fitteds we’ve tried!
Things I like less about our Growing Greens Fitted:
- We definitely found it too bulky at 7 lbs, so I would be surprised if it fits well at 5 lbs (but that’s what adorable newborn fitted diapers are for!).
If you’re looking for an affordable, sustainable and durable overnight fitted, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend adding Growing Greens to your stash!
Shop & Connect:
[wpdevart_like_box profile_id=”GentleNest” connections=”show” width=”300″ height=”175″ header=”small” cover_photo=”show” locale=”en_US”]
Melanie at Gentle Nest takes the greatest of care when choosing brands for her store. Knowing Babee Greens met her high standards was enough to pique my curiosity! Check out her selection of Babee Greens and other high-quality Mom and Baby goodies at GentleNest.ca.