I received this product at no cost to facilitate my review. All opinions remain my own.
If you’re a long-time follower of my blog, you know that GroVia was one of my very first cloth diapering loves. I was very happy to have one of Little Miss Cub’s very first newborn diapers be the Grovia Newborn All-in-One. Even without an umbilical snap down, she was able to wear it at the hospital. Look how scrawny she was!
What appeals to me about this diaper is that it keeps things simple: a single row of waist snaps using the larger, sturdier snaps you’ll find on all GroVia products, two rise levels, and a sewn-in soaker.
[Tweet “Find out what @MamanLoupsDen thinks of the @GroViaDiaper Newborn AIO! #clothdiapers http://bit.ly/1jhP2Eh”]
Here’s a look at the GroVia’s Specs:
Even though the diaper doesn’t have an umbilical snap down, the rise is low enough and the waist soft enough to not interfere with the stump:
It didn’t take long for Little Miss to put on a bit of chub, but she has grown at a very average pace, clocking in at about the 50th percentile. Here’s a frown (I think she’s annoyed that she’s in the “newborn skin peeling” stage and I’m still taking pictures of her) and a glimpse at how the GroVia fit somewhere around the 7-8 lbs mark:
And, here she is at around 10-11 lbs:
Her classic pose of arms up, look right:
Things I like best about the GroVia Newborn All-in-One:
- User-friendly single row of waist snaps;
- Hemp/cotton blend inner;
- Stay-dry fleece;
- Fits well at birth even without an umbilical snap down;
- Quick to dry.
Things I like less about the GroVia Newborn All-in-One:
- Definitely requires a booster past about 7 lbs, as we would get leaks with just one pee otherwise. (Very few of our newborn all in one diapers were absorbent enough without a booster. This one was not an exception.);
- Lower upper weight limit (however, a great fit on the lower end of the scale), and it definitely isn’t going past the 12 lbs mark for us;
- High price point considering each of your diapers would need a separate booster.
Just in case you’re curious, here’s how the newborn compares to a GroVia shell on its smallest rise:
Shop & Connect:
[wpdevart_like_box profile_id=”groviadiaper” connections=”show” width=”300″ height=”175″ header=”small” cover_photo=”show” locale=”en_US”]
Find a GroVia retailer in Canada or the US, or purchase via my affiliate links to Lagoon Baby, Nicki’s Diapers, Amazon.ca or Amazon.com.
Shopping for newborn diapers? See all my reviews here!
Marie Cole says
I had one of these given to me to use with my little guy when he was born and although I loved the fit he began out peeing it quickly