I received this item free for review. All opinions remain my own.
Remember all the love I had for the TotsBots TeenyFit? Well, how about another brand whose design has all the things I loved about the Teeny but made in North America and using snaps?! Well, that’s the Blueberry Simplex! It’s another of my “outting” diapers because it’s super absorbent and reliable.
Like the TeenyFit, the Blueberry is an all-in-one where the insert tucks into a pocket which can also be used to add absorbency. The Simplex’s pocket opens at the front and the back, and the insert is tucked in at the front. (The TeenyFit’s pocket is at the back only.) This is the same design as the one-size Blueberry Simplex.
Out of the pocket:
In the pocket:
Here are the specs:
What I love about our Blueberry Simplex Newborn AIO:
- My favourite AIO style: attached soaker tucking into a pocket;
- Pocket opening at the front and back for easy stuffing and faster drying, and the pocket is wide;
- Ability to stagger the snaps for a looser fit at the waist and tighter fit around the legs (or vice versa);
- Umbilical snap down;
- Higher weight range than many of our newborn diapers and I think we will surpass it. You can see that here, between 10-11 lbs, we’ve got room to grow:
What I like less about our Blueberry Simplex Newborn AIO:
- Lack of leg casing can mean the diaper inner rolls out at the leg causing wicking. Hasn’t happened to us because I always double check that none of the diaper inner is rolled out;
- Cotton feels particularly wet against baby’s skin (but you can always add a fleece liner if this is an issue).
This diaper has a higher-than-average weight limit and I don’t doubt that we will reach it just fine. It’s super absorbent and reliable: definitely a great newborn diaper option!
Update: I published this review this morning and now have to add that we survived 6 hours with just a tiny bamboo booster!! I had definitely not intended for her to be wearing it so long, but life happens… and thankfully, no leaks!
Shop & Connect
We received our Simplex from Ontario-based retailer, Bambumbles!
Which Blueberry products do you love?
Shopping for newborn diapers? See all my reviews here!