I received this item free for review. All opinions remain my own.
My nighttime newborn cloth diapering routine alternates between my Mouse & Hatter fitteds and my TotsBots Bamboozles. We started using our Bamboozles as soon as Little Miss Cub lost her umbilical stump, so at three or four days old and around 7 lbs.
In case you’re not familiar with the Bamboozle, which comes in sizes 1 and 2, check out the specs:
The inside has an insert that snaps in at the front:
We’ve been using our Bamboozles with the rise snapped down under our Thirsties size XS, Rumparooz NB, TotsBots Stretchy Wrap and wool with a perfect fit and no leaks or poopsplosions. Just as it is, we can get about six hours out of a Bamboozle over night. As I’ve gotten less able to rouse myself enough to change a diaper, I’ve started boosting the Bamboozle so I can change her after eight hours. A hemp booster works great, and so does the booster that came with our TotsBots V4 one-size diapers.
My favourite things about the TotsBots Size 1 Bamboozle:
- TotsBots hook & loop closure: the only hook & loop closure I can get behind 100%. It’s the best of the best. So sturdy, so easy to get a perfect fit at the waist.
- Awesome weight range without being bulky: we have many more months of Bamboozling ahead of us.
- Snap-in insert, rather that completely sewn in, makes for faster drying and the ability to flip it around to double it at the front for a boy or tummy sleeper.
- Ethically made in Scotland.
- Easy and roomy enough to boost.
- Lots of absorbency for overnight!
Things I like less about the TotsBots Size 1 Bamboozle:
- No “dip” for the umbilical cord.
- A bit longer to dry (as is usually the case for bamboo): after a medium dryer cycle I hang them to finish drying.
- Don’t fit well under very small newborn covers.
Shop & Connect
Kerri at CozyBums.ca has your Tot’s Bot covered!
Have you tried any TotsBots products?