I received these products free for review. All opinions remain my own.
Sweet Pea Cloth Diapers has been on my list of “must-try” brands for quite some time. I actually connected with them over their newborn diapers, and we decided I should test drive their one-size line up on Cub before Little Miss Cub’s arrival.
As you know, I have tried a lot of cloth diapers, so it takes a lot for me to call something a game changer. The Sweet Pea AIO Bamboo diaper is a game changer for us.
This “tongue style” AIO has one sewn-in flap of bamboo cotton topped with a layer of bamboo velour for a natural stay-dry effect. The snap-in soaker has one layer of microfiber in between two layers of bamboo cotton. The interior of the diaper itself is also in cotton bamboo.
So what’s the big deal for me? Well, it’s two things: absorbency and fit. Our one adorable Sweet Pea AIO has become my go-to “outing” diaper. It’s a huge pain to change Cub’s diaper when we’re out and about: he’s way too big to wrangle on public washroom change tables and he’s generally pretty unwilling. Cub’s successfully worn the Sweet Pea on day trips lasting 5-6 hours without a leak, with a hemp booster tucked under the two included inserts. Honestly, we might have been able to make it without a booster, but I always figure better safe than sorry now that he’s almost three years old! In terms of regular daytime use when I’m changing more frequently, we’ve also had no issues.
Because Cub is more than a little reluctant to potty train, and he’s a tall guy, the list of one-size brands that are still fitting him at almost 3 years old and 34 lbs is getting shorter, particularly in terms of rise, but also in terms of not having to be on the last waist snap. Both the Sweet Pea AIO and cover fit him amazingly well, and with tons of room at the waist, which means I can easily recommend it to even the chubbiest toddlers! Sweet Pea is the first brand I’ve ever tried that has four closure snaps. A third hip snap is not uncommon, but you’ll notice that Sweet Pea has two hip snaps. No wing droop here!
The one-size diaper cover features the same closure snaps and generous fit, plus a double gusset.
We’ve been using it overnight with the largest size of Bummis prefold and a hemp booster. No leaks and a nice, snug fit at the legs.
- Bamboo velour top layer for a natural stay-dry layer;
- One insert snaps out, which means you get a less-bulky fit for babies needing less absorbency (unlike BumGenius Freetime, where both inserts are sewn in);
- Super generous fit in the rise and at the waist;
- Exceptional absorbency: the mix of microfiber and bamboo is awesome;
- The dry time is quick since the inserts aren’t sewn completely in.
What I love about Sweet Pea’s One-Size Diaper Cover:
- Same generous fit in terms of rise and waist as the AIO;
- Double gusset means no gaping at the leg even over bulky overnight inserts;
- Cross-over snaps for a snug fit on teeny tiny babies. (Can’t wait to try it on Little Miss Cub!)
What I love less about Sweet Pea’s Bamboo AIO & Diaper Cover:
- The inserts in the AIO are very long, so I suspect when reducing the rise, they will have to be folded quite a bit to fit, which may be great for absorbency but may be a bit bulky on teeny tiny babes;
- As always, I love to see Canadian-owned companies manufacturing in Canada, but Sweet Pea diapers are still high quality and the overseas manufacturing contributes to the competitive price.
Shop & Connect