Oh, potty training. We’re getting closer… I can feel it! The Best Bottom Training Kit is the fourth set of trainers we’re reviewing, and I must say Best Bottom has really combined all of my favourite things about our AppleCheeks, Flip and Bummis trainers and rolled them into one made-in-the-USA solution.
Cotton, just like undies, on the outside, lined with PUL on the inside:
Our Best Bottom trainers are definitely the most like big-kid underwear while still having a fully waterproof layer:
I’d like to state for the record, however, that Cub doesn’t give a *insert your favourite expletive* about big boy undies. He loooooves diapers. But if your kid is motivated by the whole “I’m a big kid now” routine, he will LOVE these. Cub is 35 lbs and 40 inches tall. He is wearing the “medium” size, listed as the equivalent of “3T.”
Cub is making it to the bathroom (with many reminders), but tends to wind up with dribbles or skid marks more often than not. At about 50 cents a pop, I can’t imagine tossing a disposable Pull-Up after every accident! The times that he has had a larger accident (for example, when he is playing iPad or watching TV and insists he does not have to go), the PUL-lining of the Best Bottom trainer has spared our cushions.
Benefits of Best Bottom Trainers:
- Can be used with size small and medium Best Bottom inserts you already own (I also snap in my small Funky Fluff 2.0 inserts);
- Cotton exterior look like real underwear;
- PUL inner to really help prevent leaks;
- Replace just the insert when soiled (a big accident would wet through to the pant, but the purpose is to catch small accidents);
- Easy for the child to pull up and down;
- Pack less in the diaper bag (just bring an extra insert or two);
- Made in the US!
Room for improvement:
- Side snaps would allow you to remove the trainers like a diaper in the case of *ahem* a large accidental deposit. That said, they might also deter children who are determined to not wear diapers, so, I understand the advantage of having them be truly like underwear.
Shop & Connect
Find more cloth trainer reviews here!