I received these items at no cost to facilitate my review and make me more hip. All opinions and dorkiness remain my own.
I am many things: sarcastic, optimistic, honest, hilarious…. but… “cool,” despite my most valiant efforts in high school, is not an adjective I would use for myself.
When I received our Mommy and Cub Palladium boots, (Pallabrouse Baggy WPS for me and the Pampa Hi Lea Gusset for Cub) I knew right away that my coolness factor was about to increase exponentially. I shoved my boots on right away. And I do mean shoved, since on the day our boots arrived, I was nursing an extremely swollen, sprained ankle. Despite the pain, I was immediately smitten with my Palladiums.
As for Cub, no increase in coolness nor shoving required. His boots feature a zipper on either side, so his lazy parents never have to untie his laces, and he’s already way too cool for his own good.
Thanks to Calgary’s amazing selection of outdoor attractions, Cub and I are putting a lot of miles on our boots. Cub’s official verdict is that they make him “super fast.”
My Mommy-verdict is that they keep his feet dry: there’s no stopping him when he sees a puddle. They are sturdy and supportive (hopefully he hasn’t inherited my weak ankles), and they look ridiculously adorable.
My Mom uniform of leggings or skinny jeans and plaid shirt finally looks like it’s a fashion statement thanks to my Palladiums. And if I want to be even more bold, I can fold down the cuffs for a different look!
The lining in my boots keeps my toes super toasty, and I’m looking forward to rocking these well into the winter. My feet are very discerning, and prone to blisters and pain if a shoe isn’t just right. There was no “breaking in” period for my Palladiums: total comfort and support from day one.
Why are these great boots for my SAHM lifestyle?
- They match everything I own, and are neither too sporty nor too dressy: they’re just right.
- They are extremely comfortable and warm, and I witnessed snow in May in Calgary this year, so I know I will being using them a lot.
- They make me feel like I’m wearing an outfit (and seriously, it’s the little things that make me happy).
- They are durable and well constructed, meaning they’re going to stand up to being stood on by my kids, to hikes in Banff and to general wear and tear.
- They’re super warm as well as waterproof, so, bring it on, Calgary winter!
- Zippers on both sides make them super easy to put on. There are no laces to tie each time, and no wrestling with an uncooperative foot.
- Gusseted tongue so water won’t seep through the zipper and laces.
- The soles are textured and provide plenty of extra grip for rough terrain and climbing.
- The same durability as the adult models means these boots will survive to be worn by another kid.
- Waterproof and warm for fall!
Back in the 1920s, Palladium manufactured aircraft tires. They started making boots at the end of WWII: boots so rugged and comfortable that the French Foreign Legion adopted them (this gains extra super coolness points in the books of Papa Wolf). Good enough for soldiers, good enough for a Mama and her Cub (even if said Cub is unwilling to pose for a nice picture).
Shop & Connect