Thanks to the advent of the smart phone, I can be lying here in bed, baby snuggled in my arms, Radio Lab podcast playing… and writing a cloth diaper review! No need to worry she’s going to leak on me: she’s got her Rumparooz Newborn Cover on! Just like the one-size version on her big brother, this thing is pretty much bulletproof overnight.
Here she is on top of a fitted diaper at just a few days old (about 7 lbs):
And inside, you’ll see it’s a single layer of thick PUL with extra PUL over the snaps and tag to prevent leaks:Tonight she’s rocking her RARZ over a TotsBots Size 1 Bamboozle. We’ve also paired it with our Flip overnight insert (it gives her a hefty booty at her size, but it works so well). The awesome fit at both the waist and legs is a big part of why she’s dry after eight or nine hours, which means I’m dry too, since she bunks with me.
My favourite things about the RARZ cover:
- Double leg gusset creates the right “seal” around those thighs, even before they’ve chubbed out;
- Curved, elasticized waist band at the front which is good for the umbilical cord but also for preventing the fitted underneath from creeping up and wicking onto pajamas;
- Three rise settings: we are still using it past the 12 lb weight maximum;
- Wide wings provide perfect coverage over bulky fitteds: some covers leave parts of fitteds exposed at the hips because the wings are not wide enough. (Does that make sense? I know exactly what I mean…)
Things I like less about the RARZ Newborn Cover:
- Aside from mentioning that KangaCare products are made overseas and I always give bonus points to North American-made brands, I don’t have any constructive criticism to offer… this cover has been awesome for us!
Shop & Connect
Sherbrooke, Québec’s Boutique Le Chaton Vert (site available in English) carries Rumparooz Newborn Covers and was kind enough to provide me with this one for our review!