I received this item free for review. All opinions remain my own.
Sara at Itsy Bitsy Necessities sent me my Nuggles! Bittee many months before I had my own bittee baby to ‘nuggle. (See what I just did there?!) I recall my excitement at how tiny and adorable it was, and at a glance, the design seemed spot on: double gussets at the legs, umbilical snap down, included booster…everything looked good on paper!
Apparently some bloggers review diapers on teddy bears, so if that’s what I had been doing, I’d have given the Bittee a big thumbs up. Luckily for you, I was patient, and awaited the arrival of a real human baby that poops and pees and isn’t stuffed with fluff to assess the performance of the Bittee.
And once she arrived, I didn’t wait long: here’s Little Miss Cub in her Nuggles! on her very first day out of my belly, all 6 lbs 14 oz. of her:
Absolutely no complaints in the fit and easy of use department.
So let’s get you familiar with the anatomy of a Nuggles! Bittee:
It’s a true all-in-one, there are no pockets, inner snaps or flaps, it works just like a disposable diaper (except for the whole “reusable” part):
And the specs:
The Bittee continued to fit well once we got home, and had sufficient absorbency without the booster for about two hours. I love the fit and the way the double gusset hugs her little chicken legs to contain blowouts.
As we got closer to 8-9 lbs, I added the booster and found we could go about three hours before a change, and that the diaper was containing even the most frightening-sounding poops (the kind where you are sure it’s up the back and down the legs) and was heavy with all the urine absorbed. I was anticipating compression leaks due to the microfiber core, but we didn’t experience any, thanks in large part to the bamboo booster.
What I love most about the Nuggles! Bittee
- Umbilical snap down;
- Double leg gusset;
- Elastic at the back waist: our onesies are all white and they’re still all white;
- Included booster that is stay-dry on top and bamboo underneath: helps prevent compression leaks thanks to the bamboo and fits perfectly in the diaper (it can be hard to find boosters to fit in newborn diapers unless they’re specially designed for a given model);
- Single closure snap on the wings means there’s no hip snap to rub baby’s skin when snapping on the loosest setting, and overall it’s just easier when fumbling around in a postpartum haze;
- Excellent price point for a very well-performing and well-made diaper;
- Dried faster than the other AIOs we tested with the same design.
Things I would change about the Nuggles! Bittee
- I’d put in a pocket at the back rather than have the insert sewn completely in. This speeds up dry time, ensures the wash water really penetrates the fibers and makes boosting even easier.*
- Not suitable for overnight use.
Of the newborn AIOs we tested with the insert completely sewn in (we also tried Lil’ Joey and Easy Peasies), the Nuggles! Bittee was my favourite.
Shop & Connect
You can shop for Nuggles products with Sara at Itsy Bitsy Necessities!
Do you have Bittee Baby on the way?
Shopping for newborn diapers? See all my reviews here!