I know, I know, it’s hard to believe I’m only just now getting around to trying a Rumparooz! In terms of the “big” cloth diaper brands, Rumparooz is pretty darn big: so big they’ve got a patent on their double gusset! (Whether or not such a patent is a good or bad thing is up for debate.)
I’ve been ogling RARZ patterns for a long time, and when Clyde was released I could resist no longer: it was time to test drive this well-known pocket diaper.
Rumparooz G2 Pocket Diapers come with two microfiber inserts. The smaller one is contoured, and can be snapped to the larger one which, similar to BumGenius, has snaps to reduce its size.
Different from some of the other major pocket diaper brands is of course the inner double gusset and the elastic pocket opening:
The inner is thick, stay-dry fleece. The double-row of closure snaps is parallel across the front of the diaper, with two snaps on the tabs. This lay out is similar to BumGenius, but without the elastic tabs. (This happens to be my personal favourite “snap” configuration, by the way!) The diaper adjusts to four different rise levels to grow with baby.
What we love about our Rumparooz G2 Pocket Diaper:
- Double row of parallel snaps;
- Stay-dry inner;
- Contoured newborn insert for a more comfortable fit on tiny ones;
- Scrumptious prints;
- Pocket opening at the back of the diaper;
- Elasticized pocket opening.
What we love less about our Rumparooz G2 Pocket Diaper:
- Microfiber inserts: if you know me, you know I prefer natural fiber (hemp/cotton blend) inserts. I love when brands offer the possibility of buying their diaper shell without inserts in case you’ve got inserts at home that you prefer.
- Low rise for a one-size diaper: our RARZ is second only to our TotsBots in terms of being quite low rise. Our TotsBots is so low it gives Cub plumber’s crack: RARZ is not quite so low, but definitely lower than the other brands in our stash.
- I’m honestly not crazy about inner double gussets: I find they make the inside harder to clean, especially in the case of big messes.
Have you tried a Rumparooz? What do you think?
You can score your Rumparooz and Kanga Care products from Renee at Lil’ Monkey Cheeks!
Gotta pay the bills...