Wonderful Bambino has been on my radar since I wrote a guest blog post for their website last summer. Their fitted bamboo terry diapers looked buttery soft and absorbent, and I was eager to put one to the test.
As loyal followers know, I don’t regularly use fitted diapers. But when testing one I put aside my personal preferences and evaluate the performance of the diaper. Our Wonderful Bambino fitted was just as I expected: super soft, super thirsty and super effective!
I am particularly enthusiastic about trying the diaper on my newbie late this summer: I think the ruffles at the legs and waist will do a stellar job keeping in those poopsplosions.
On my big boy Cub, I tested the diaper for overnight use. The Wonderful Bambino diaper already has 5-layers of absorbent bamboo terry in its core (no detachable or flappy inserts to be found, making it very easy to use), so I just added a hemp booster, mostly because I find that hemp fleece is more “stay dry” than bamboo terry right against the skin.
I always find it tricky getting fitteds to fit under my diaper covers. Unsnapped to its largest setting, I could only get good coverage with our size large Bummis Super Whisper Wrap (aff. link). However, I was surprised to discover that I can still get a good fit on big boy Cub when I go down one rise level!
Since I usually use our Blueberry Coveralls snapped down a rise level, completely unsnapped, it gave great coverage over the Wonderful Bambino for overnight.
Things I love about our Wonderful Bambino:
- Super soft and absorbent bamboo terry;
- Extra leak protection thanks to the back-waist and leg ruffles;
- Simple construction without loose inserts to worry about;
- Wing snaps and cross over snaps;
- Great price point at $20 USD;
- Super generous sizing that allows my 30 lb toddler to wear it snapped down one level, yet its stretch and ruffles should secure a snug fit on a newbie starting around 12 lbs!
Next to this size small AMP, you can see that snapped down and with the crossover snap, it gets quite small!
Things I love less:
- I found it hard to fit under most of my one-size covers when completely unsnapped;
- Overseas manufacturing (I always consider this, as you know, and it’s not a dealbreaker!);
- I’d love if there was also a tummy elastic;
- Not easily available in Canada, as shipping is $15;
- Like most fitted diapers it doesn’t dry in one dryer cycle for me.
Shop & Connect:
I’d like to extend a special thanks to Wonderful Bambino for sending me 2 extra diapers to donate to Cloth for a Cause.