I received this product free for review. All opinions remain my own.
Cub’s worn a lot of diapers. He doesn’t really care what diaper I put on him… unless he spies his Wee Magee. Then, he wants the “Hulk” diaper. How he developed a fascination with Hulk is a bit of a mystery, knowing him only as a character on a ball I bought him last summer featuring a mishmash of Marvel characters. Regardless, he knows who Hulk is, and this is his Hulk diaper. And when he wears it, he tries to find Hulk. (And secondly, Spiderman.)
- A tummy elastic;
- Athletic wicking jersey interior;
- Crossover snaps for tiny tummies;
- Somewhat ruffly elastic casing at the legs;
- Wrap around cotton print with matching PUL.
Wee Magee’s diapers do not come with an insert, which is fine by me as I like to choose my own inserts anyway. I’ve really liked using my Thirsties size 2 hemp prefold in it, folded almost in four. We can rock that for a good long while (I think we did 5 hours, since he fell asleep for a nap before I could change him).
- The tummy elastic is great for tummy sleepers;
- Athletic wicking jersey is my favourite stay-dry fabric, and I love how our diaper’s interior is Hulk green;
- The pocket opening is at the back;
- The cross-over snaps will allow for a nice fit around a tiny waist;
- The fit is very roomy and comfortable on my very big Cub.
What I love less about our Wee Magee:
- The pocket is very narrow, so it can be awkward to stuff;
- Some of the finishing is imperfect, though it’s purely aesthetic and doesn’t impact function;
- The casing around the leg elastics is a bit bulky: it’s almost like ruffles, so good for keeping in big messes, but not quite my favourite “look;”
- The rise snaps are curiously low on the diaper, and it seems like this makes the leg opening quite large even on the lowest rise: I am not confident this diaper would fit well on new baby chicken legs. Amber does make a newborn diaper that fits 4-12 lbs.
Although not related to the diaper itself, I wanted to give Amber a shoutout for what I think is really good branding for a newbie WAHM-diaper maker! I love her logo and the way the package arrived:
A bit more about Wee Magee:
Amber strives to please people and believes in a quality product that functions well. She doesn’t make all her diapers to fit one size and vows to keep her customers happy by customizing diapers to their liking. This means you can add, remove and change anything you like or dislike about the diaper: extra snaps, less snaps, looser elastic, wider crotch, etc.
Her diapers start at $18 CAD for a solid PUL design.
Gotta pay the bills...