Aussi disponible en / Also available in: français
I received this product free for review. All opinions remain my own.
The Blueberry Simplex AIO combines what I love about pocket diapers while doing away with the things I hate about all-in-one diapers. I’ve gotta say, I’m sad to have discovered this diaper so late in the cloth diapering game!
Like a TotsBots, the Blueberry Simplex AIO has a tongue-style insert that is attached to the diaper, thus the “one-piece” moniker. Unlike TotsBots, you can stuff the Blueberry with boosters from the top or the bottom, and you can choose to have a stay dry layer next to baby’s skin simply by laying the tongue on top of the cotton pocket:
- Flexibility of placing the stay-dry fleece against baby’s skin. Many AIOs I’ve reviewed require an added stay-dry liner if you want the stay-dry effect.
- Super absorbency of the cotton inner, like a nice, thirsty prefold but without the folding and stuffing.
- Large pocket to add inserts for added absorbency (we haven’t found it necessary).
- Blueberry diapers are manufactured in North America. In Arkansas, in fact!
- As a one-size diaper, it is still fitting well on Cub who’s on the upper edge of the weight maximum.
- Quick to dry compared to many AIO designs.
What I love less about our Blueberry Simplex AIO:
- Similar to our SmartBottoms AIO, there’s no casing around the leg elastic, so the inner cotton can get turned out and cause whicking. A quick tuck in once the diaper is secured solves this problem.
- The tongue-insert is stuffed into the front of the diaper, which means when I pull it out (it sadly doesn’t agitate out in my front loader), it’s always soaked with pee.
- At $31.95, it’s definitely on the pricier end. However, I have to emphasize that it is worth the price because you do not need to buy added liners or boosters and it is North American-made.
Have you tried the Blueberry Simplex AIO? Do you love its flexible simplicity?