Disclosure: I received this product free for review. All opinions remain my own!
First off, let me apologize for using a stock image of the nightie in use. I really considered modelling it for you… I mean, I’ve posted goofy pictures of myself before, so why not one in my nightie? Well, sorry, folks, I just couldn’t do it, even if I do look smokin’ hot in it!
When I was pregnant with Cub two summers ago, I went in search of a nightie that I could wear post-partum. I wanted something that would be cool (since it was a hot summer and September, I figured, would still be quite warm), but also pretty and functional. I settled on a nightie from Winners that I could easily pull down to nurse.
Unfortunately, my selection turned out to be less than ideal: I had to wear a bra underneath it both for support and for containing my nursing pads; the neckline was plunging so I had to wear something on top if I had visitors and wanted them to look me in the eyes; once my breasts returned to their normal (very modest) size, I was swimming in the nightie and honestly, it was not a flattering cut… it left me feeling a bit dowdy.
If I were to do it over again, I’d simply ask for a couple of Hotmilk nursing nighties at my baby shower: problem solved. I slept in my bra for more than a year because I needed something to hold my nursing pads in place. I should’ve just been wearing Hotmilk PJs!
Features of the Hotmilk Intrigue Nightie:
- Built-in support with a comfortable but sturdy under-bust band, so you don’t need to sleep in your bra;
- Adjustable straps that allow the cup size to grow with you;
- Appropriate (but not dowdy!) cleavage coverage;
- Flattering cut for pregnant and post-partum bodies;
- Easy to un-clip for nursing.
What I would change about the Hotmilk Intrigue Nightie:
- There are bow-details on the slits on the skirt of the nightie that I find superfluous: I’m not a bow person;
- I’d love to see a longer option, as while I need to wear a size small as I’m slender, I’m also quite tall: I’d like an extra inch of length for perfect comfort;
- I’d love to see more colours and prints, since next pregnancy I’d want at least one more of these, but I’d want a different looking one!
Do you have a favourite pair of nursing pajamas?
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.