I received these products free for review. All opinions remain my own.
I love choosing toys for Cub… so much so that my husband has implemented a strict “one toy in, one toy out” policy. In my defense, I like to choose second-hand toys and eco-friendly toys!
When I showed my husband our new Green Tones Mama Bear Drum and Mama Bear Shaker, he liked them so much that he didn’t even mention the toy policy! (And if he had, our plastic drum from Value Village was heading for the giveaway bin…)
So, first off, what’s so “green” about Green Tones musical toys?
- They’re a member of 1% for the Planet;
- Their toys are made with chemical-free rubber wood, non-toxic glue and water based VOC-free paint;
- Their packaging is made of recycled papers and support eco-efficiency and reforestation.
And, secondly, what’s so great about Green Tones musical toys?
- No batteries needed! What’s with all the musical toys on the market that just… play music themselves? And, obnoxious music at that!
- They’re made by HOHNER, Inc, “one of the oldest professional musical instrument companies,” so… you know they have been designed with care and experience.
- They promote Music-Play: sensory processing, gross & fine motor skills, sense of rhythm, imagination and creativity, curiosity and discovery and self expression & confidence.
- They make pleasant (if not beautiful) sounds.
So, as you know, usually I have tons of pictures of Cub playing with or modeling the products we review. There’s no such photo (yet) for our Green Tones, because for some reason he’s never wearing any clothes when he’s playing his drum!
You know how many musical toys for kids are grate on your nerves? The sound that the Mama Bear Drum makes is really pleasant, and unobtrusive. It’s not quiet… don’t get me wrong, it’s a drum. But even I enjoy playing it! Papa Wolf and I recently snapped Cub out of an “I don’t want to come back inside even though it’s pouring rain and you are the worst parents ever for making me” tantrum by putting on an amazing drum/shaker/dance concert that (thankfully) only Cub witnessed.
The only thing I would improve about our Mama Bear Drum is to add a spot where we could secure the drumstick so that, when playtime is over, the stick and the drum don’t get separated. Mind you, you can get some pretty sweet beats just playing the drum by hand!
Green Tones is offering one lucky Maman Loup reader a $50 credit from their impressive catalogue of musical toys!
To enter, comment on this blog post with what your favourite kind of music is, and head over to my Facebook page to tell me you’ve done so.
This giveaway is in no way sponsored or endorsed by Facebook. Maman Loup is not responsible for prize fulfillment. Open to Canadian and US residents. Winner will be chosen on Tuesday, May 6th at 9 AM, EST. Winner will be notified via Facebook and must respond within 48 hours or another winner will be chosen.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.